Twin Peaks Usenet Archive
Subject: RS: Compilation of the mystery (was Re: RS: things to answer)
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Luis Ramos)
Date: 1991-04-13, 21:54
I spent a lot of time reviewing my tapes in order to compile the various
pieces of the MYSTERY only to find out that BOB Glickstein beat me to it :(
just as I was about to post it. Both lists had some common material although
there were some items on my list which I didn't find on Bob's list and vice
versa. Thus, I decided to *integrate* and *organize* both lists.
PLACES: TWIN PEAKS, WHITE LODGE, BLACK LODGE and TIBET
1. Where are the Black and White Lodges?
2. Was the palazzo [palace] in the vision, which Maj. Briggs described to
Bobby, the White Lodge? Will Maj. Brigg's vision of Bobby come true?
3. When Cooper asked the OAM where Bob was, was the OAM describing the Black
Lodge (i.e. "... many rooms all alike but occupied by different souls
night after night")?
4. Is there a connection between Tibet and the White and Black Lodges?
5. Cooper tells Albert "You'd be amazed at the connection between [Twin Peaks
and Tibet]". What did he mean?
6. What is it about Twin Peaks that things like a high-school prostitution
ring can exist? Is it just the normal underbelly of rural America, or is
there some evil that permeates the whole town, a la "It" or "The
7. What, exactly, is the charter of the Bookhouse Boys (something about
protecting Twin Peaks from the evil in the woods...)? What event
precipitated its formation; when, and by whom?
8. Where is Pearl Lakes in relation to Twin Peaks, and how does it tie in to
PROSE, DREAMS and IMAGES
1. What does the petroglyph mean? Who drew them in the Owl Cave?
2. What do the "drawings" on the box mean? Where did Eckhardt get it? Why did
he have it given to Catherine?
3. What do the tattoos on the Log Lady and Maj. Briggs mean (could it be a
bird, a plane, no ... its ...)? What happened to Maj. Briggs and the Log
Lady when they dissapeared? Were they abducted by aliens? Why don't they
have any memory of what happened to them? Is there anybody else in TP who
may have had similar circumstances?
4. Who sent the messages (i.e., "The Owls Are Not What They Seem") picked up
by the Air Force monitors and shown by Maj. Briggs to Cooper?
5. What information (claimed to be confidential) has been gathered under the
Blue Book Project? What does Twin Peaks have to do with Project Blue Book?
6. What does Coop's dream mean? What does his most recent "vision" mean
(the one just after Josie dies)?
7. Why did Cooper dream about Tibet?
8. What does the LMFAP signify? (Cooper wasn't entirely on the mark when
he drew the easy parallel between Leland and LMFAP.)
9. After the Giant vanishes for the second time, a bright bit of SFX flashes
into Cooper's body. What about it?
10. What is the full meaning of MIKE's poem?
11. Is there any meaning behind Harriet's poem (I saw Laura glowing...)?
OWLS, SPIRITS, WOOD, STRANGE and MYSTERIOUS CHARACTERS
1. What are the owls?
2. Who is BOB? Where is he now? What does BOB have to do with what happened in
Pittsburgh? Why did Cooper have an affair with WE's wife?
3. Who is the Giant? Is SDC (Senor Drool Cup) an inhabiting spirit or a spirit
4. Who is MIKE? Where is Philip Gerard now?
5. Why do BOB and the Giant not resemble their hosts, but MIKE is only ever
seen in Philip Gerard?
6. Cooper asks the Giant, "Where do you come from?" and the Giant responds,
"The question is, where have you gone?" Does this imply that Cooper himself
is transported elsewhere during his visions (as opposed to his visions
coming to him).
7. What happened to Josie? What did BOB have to do with her death? How do you
account for her weight? Is her spirit in the "knob" just like the spirit of
the Log Lady's husband is in her log? Why was she sad at the beginning of
8. What's special about Cooper, Briggs, and Margaret, vis a vis their ability
to commune with the supernatural?
9. What is the significance of wood?
10. What is the significance of the "Ghostwood" project? What "possessed"
(ha-ha) Ben to call it Ghostwood?
11. Where is Laura (her spirit) now?
12. What is the nature of Lana's power over men? Is she a witch?
13. What is the effect of Halperidol? Why does it inhibit spirits from
inhabiting a person?
14. Who and what else in TP is inhabited by which spirit? Is there a spirit
hiding in the sprinkler system at the Sherrif's station?
15. Why is Nadine super humanly strong?
16. Are the owls manifestations of spirits or are they inhabited by spirits?
17. Why did Ms. Jones try to kill HST? What was that liquid that she applied
to Harry's lips?
18. Who and what are the Tremonds? How did the kid magician make the creamed
19. Who and what is Harold Smith? Why is he agoraphobic? Why did he commit
suicide? How did he know of the French sentence uttered by the kid
20. What was the white/grey horse in Sarah's vision?
21. What is the deal with Ben Horne and Donna's mother?
22. Why did Donna want Laura's sunglasses? What explains the change in her
personality between 1007 and 2001?
23. What is Benjamin's role in the evil that permeates Twin Peaks?
24. How did Andrew Packard survive his "accident" and fool people into thinking
that he is dead? Who else is thought to be dead but is actually alive?
25. Who is the father of Lucy's baby? What is the deal with Little Nikie?
26. Do the Renaults have another brother?
27. Was there something supernatural about the shadowed figure in the woods
with Leo, and if so, did Leo know about it?
28. The hooded figure from 2019: related to the figure in the woods with Leo?
How about the figure that appeared when Briggs vanished?
29. What happened forty years ago? Is there a link between "forty years ago"
and the music that Leland/BOB danced to?
30. What is the deal with James?
WKLP STILL UNSOLVED MYSTERIES
1. Why did BOB start appearing to Laura? Was he always (ever?) in Leland
during those visits?
2. Why did BOB kill Laura? (I [Bob G.] don't buy what BOB told us in 2009.)
3. Why did BOB kill Theresa Banks?
4. Beside the fact that it just happened to precede her death, what did the
events at Jacques' cabin have to do with BOB killing Laura? (Cooper's
dream led the way to the cabin; it had to have more significance.)
5. How did Ronette's IV turn blue? How and why did she wind up with a
6. Why was BOB spelling ROBERT (in an apparently random order)?
7. Laura's clinical cause of death was blood loss. She survived the Waldo
attack to meet BOB at the train car. Did something besides his pounding
8. Laura had come to some sort of decision before she died. What had she
resolved? To confront BOB? To sacrifice herself? Whatever she decided, did
she succeed or fail?
9. What is the connection between Laura and Cooper? She dreamed about him;
does this mean the connection is stronger somehow than simply, "he's the
investigator of her murder"?
10. What ritual occurred in the traincar?
11. Ronette recalls Laura's murder in the traincar. She sees BOB in the
recollection, not Leland. Why, and how?
12. What did Maddie smell just before she was murdered?
13. Who attacked Dr. Jacoby by the gazebo (Leland, right?) and why
(jollies? I don't think so...)?